Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Vista
We have a HP Laserjet Pro MFP M177fw printer. Like a complete doofus, I inserted black toner cartridge wrong way round, and now it is firmly stuck in the machine. I have tried reversing what I did to get it out, but it's firmly stuck.
Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BelfastBooks

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you've accidentally fitted the printer cartridge the wrong way and now it doesn't seem to come back out,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you try manually moving the carousel to release the cartridge?

If you haven't, here's how it's done, with more details:

You can manually move the carousel by opening the scanner lid and the lid below that so you should see the toners.

On the left side of the black frame, you will see an oval hole with a white plastic piece inside it.

You will need to use something to push down on the white plastic piece, at the same time push the carousel backward, don't touch the toner though. It has to be in the exact right position in order to be able to pull the toner out.

I included a picture with the general area, where to use the manual feature on the printer.

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BelfastBooks

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you've accidentally fitted the printer cartridge the wrong way and now it doesn't seem to come back out,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you try manually moving the carousel to release the cartridge?

If you haven't, here's how it's done, with more details:

You can manually move the carousel by opening the scanner lid and the lid below that so you should see the toners.

On the left side of the black frame, you will see an oval hole with a white plastic piece inside it.

You will need to use something to push down on the white plastic piece, at the same time push the carousel backward, don't touch the toner though. It has to be in the exact right position in order to be able to pull the toner out.

I included a picture with the general area, where to use the manual feature on the printer.

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.