02-14-2014 10:23 AM
I HAVE A HP OFFICEJET 4500 DESKTOP.
I AM CURRENTLY HAVING EXTREME DIFFICULTY WITH MY DEVICE NOT ACKNOWLEDGING THE SCANNING PORTION OF THE DRIVER. I HAVE ATTEMPTED SEVERAL TIMES TO RE-DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER FROM YOUR WEBSITE WHICH THE DOWNLOAD WAS SUCCESSFUL BUT IT STILL DOESN'T ACKNOWLEDGE THE SCANNER. WHEN I CLICK ON THE SCANNING OPTION ON THE PRINTER IT STATES "NO SCAN OPTIONS. REFER TO DEVICE DOCUMENTATION TO TROUBLESHOOT. PRESS OK. " I'M AT MY WITS END WITH THIS FUNCTION. PLEASE HELP.
02-19-2014 12:08 PM
Hi there CM1987,
Welcome to the forums
I saw your post about not being able to scan from the front panel of the printer. I would like to know if you are able to scan from the software on your desktop? Sometimes when the printer or computer falls into "sleep mode" it will disconnect the scan to computer function from the front panel.
Please let me know if you are able to scan using the software and also the exact model of 4500 you have and your operating system if you are still having an issue scanning from the computer.
- HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g
- HP Officejet 4500 Desktop All-in-One Printer - G510a
- HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - G510n
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation