10-07-2010 08:47 PM
Had a 6500 running wireless that was working fine off two computers (one with Vista, one with XP Home). Printer died and bought a new one (still 6500 -- they look exactly the same).
Now, when I am trying to set up the wireless it says The Operating System on this computer is not supported. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved. Current OS: Vista
I don't want to have to buy Windows 7 just to install this printer that was working earlier today. AAAHHH!
Can anyone make a suggestion to me, please?
10-08-2010 04:29 AM
Are you trying to install the software from the installation disk provided with the printer? Does that disk list only Windows 7 on it?
Have you tried downloading the Vista drivers for this printer from the Support & Drivers link at the top of the page?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation