08-16-2012 06:15 PM
When I open the Solution Center to scan a document, I select the "Home" button at the bottom and then "Scan Document". I select "Quick Scan", verify the file name and location and hit "OK". Then I get this error message:
"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem."
with the option to "Switch To" or "Retry". I have to either switch to Windows Fax and Scan (which produces a picture, not .pdf) or Retry. So, I hit Retry over and over SEVERAL times and may even hit Switch To and then Retry again. Eventually it will scan.
This is a major pain and happened on a previous HP printer/scanner that I had before. I've had this issue with both Windows XP and Windows 7. Any ideas?
08-17-2012 05:00 PM - last edited on 04-19-2016 11:03 AM by OscarFuentes
Could you provide the community with a little more information to help narrow troubleshooting? What is the model number for the printer? If you have difficulty locating the model number please use one of these guides to get it:
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation