Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

But I thought he fixed it in sig.pcl...no?

Reed

HP Recommended

>> ... The orientation of the signature was presumably determined by how the sheet was oriented when you scanned it ...

You could presumably use the -R option in mkpcl to change this, when generating the PCL macro from the original image?

HP Recommended

@Reed_I wrote:

But I thought he fixed it in sig.pcl...no?

Presumably, but that is the code you would have to change to relocate the signature.

HP Recommended

>> ... But I thought he fixed it in sig.pcl...no? ...

If you are referring to the positioning of the signature, I noted:

• An attempt is made to set the PCL cursor position, but because the sequence is incorrect (the 'root' should be <Esc>*p) this will be ignored (it doesn't affect the 'extra page ' problem, but it will  affect the position of the signature.

But I did not change this (and this error is in form.pcl (and the modified version form_x01.pcl), not sig.pcl anyway.

sig.pcl defines the raster image (within a macro) but does not itself include any positional information; so when the macro is executed, the position will be relative to the current cursor position in the calling print job.

HP Recommended

That's right...I didn't touch sig.pcl.  I modified form_x01.pcl by adding <esc>*p625x500Y and other x,Y values with no change in the output.  I put the *p at the biginning after &f2y2X, then at the end, before <esc>E.

Reed

HP Recommended

I think it's all good now, guys!  I used the -R option with mkpcl, and now the positioning works too 🙂

Thank you both VERY much for holding my hand through this learning experience...No way I couldn've done this by myself!

Reed

HP Recommended

>> ... I modified form_x01.pcl by adding <esc>*p625x500Y and other x,Y values with no change in the output.  I put the *p at the biginning after &f2y2X, then at the end, before <esc>E ...

The <Esc>*p625x500Y sequence should be before the <Esc>&f2y2X sequence (which executes the macro) not after it.

in fact all you need to do is to correct the erroneous <Esc>*625x500Y sequence (already before the macro execute sequences) to insert the missing 'p' after the '*' character.

I've no idea why you also want to put it at the end to set a cursor position just before the end of the job.

HP Recommended

>> ... Thank you both VERY much for holding my hand through this learning experience...No way I couldn've done this by myself! ...

You're welcome.

Keep at it, and in time you'll be able to advise others!

HP Recommended

... by the way; your form.pcl job (and the derived variants) contains two other errors (at offsets 2173 and 2571 in the original file) where you have 'orphan' partial sequences of <Esc>* which are both followed immediately by the a <Esc> character at the start of a new (valid) sequence.

From the analysis file:

. . .
. . .

0000002142   PCL Parameterised      <Esc>&a4080v      Cursor Position Vertical   (4080 decipoints)
0000002150                                 3960H      Cursor Position Horizontal (3960 decipoints)
0000002155   Data                                     return to service.
             *** Warning ***                          <Esc> found before termination of next sequence
0000002173   PCL Parameterised      <Esc>*            ***** Unknown sequence *****
0000002175   PCL Parameterised      <Esc>&a4290v      Cursor Position Vertical   (4290 decipoints)
0000002183                                 144H       Cursor Position Horizontal (144 decipoints)
0000002187   Data                                     13b. Authorized Signature:

. . .
. . .

0000002539   PCL Parameterised      <Esc>&a6120H      Cursor Position Horizontal (6120 decipoints)
0000002547   Data                                     14e. Date (dd/mmm/yyyy):
             *** Warning ***                          <Esc> found before termination of next sequence
0000002571   PCL Parameterised      <Esc>*            ***** Unknown sequence *****
0000002573   PCL Parameterised      <Esc>&a4920v      Cursor Position Vertical   (4920 decipoints)
0000002581                                 144H       Cursor Position Horizontal (144 decipoints)
0000002585   Data                                     It is important to understand that the existence of 

. . .
. . .
HP Recommended

I'm far from advising others, but thank you for your words of encouragement 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.