Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you. I tried going to the recommended site (www.hp.com/go/hppc), selected the download, window popped with an option to save file so I selected enter.

I then went to downloaded program updates and right clicked on HP Photo Creations.exe, selected 'run' and received the error:   Cannot initialize plug ins directory.

This is new error message to me.

I have been working on the computer all day and my neck and head hurt so I am taking a break until tomorrow and will try the catalogue.

I originally thought it may be my anti virus program (Micro Trend), but I added several HP websites to my exception lists in program.

A message just flashed stating "All Downloads Complete".

I am not sure what is going on now, but I will check it all out tomorrow and get back to you if nothing works.

I do have the disc, but did original installation when installing new printer and figured when it said complete I was set?

HP Recommended

Hi ShayShay.

You can install from the CD if you'd prefer. HP Photo Creations will connect to the Internet and update itself to the latest version the next time you launch it. 

Again, Customer Service would be happy to walk you through the steps. 

Hope you feel better!

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

Thank you, I'll try that, also.

And, thank you for your well wishes.

I will definitely let you know if these options don't work and I will mark Kudos if they do work.

I appreciate all your effort.

SS

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.