Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 2055dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a lot on the internet and in HP forums about compatibility issues of USB 3.0 drives and USB 2.0 HP printers, most of which refers to Windows 7 or 8, and most of which are flagged "resolved".

Near as I can tell however, Windows 10 and HP USB 2.0 printers are 100% incompatible with no work around and no driver solution that allows you to use an older model USB 2.0 printer in a Windows 10 environment with a USB 3.0.

Does anyone have such a solution?  Have tried all those recommended by HP and spent 2 hours on the phone with GeekSquad and no one can find an answer other than buying a new printer.

I have an HP LaserJet 2055dn and would love to make it work again.  Thx.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi lobachevskii,

I using HP Laserjet P2055d  printer connect with my PC (running windows 10 64 bit) via USB cable 2.0 and it's working fine now.

What's your printer problem ?

Note: I'm not worker of HP.

Regards,

dungleviet

HP Recommended

As you have a network model, I'd investigate connecting the device via Ethernet rather than USB.

HP Recommended

I fight this everyday on a variety of models- I have to give my customers little desktop switches and set their stuff up as network printers- biggest downside is none of the scan to network folder or computer funtions work because you cant run the full software installer.

A few tricks- make sure you run all your windows updates- try both the software install CD and the full software installer on the product support page- try all USB ports- sometimes the ones on the front of your PC will work, sometimes the ones on the back will work- some USB 3.0 ports actually do work- but its totally random- just make sure you try every port- you can also move your mouse and keyboard plug ins to different USB ports, and that might free up a USB 2.0 you can use

USBnightmare2.png

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.