06-26-2010 02:08 PM
I have said LaserJet 5p. Despite its age, it still works perfectly. I've just acquired a new desktop which only supports USB printer connection. The HP printer only supports "Local Talk Port, Large Parallel Port, Small Parallel Port and IrDA-compliant Port". Is there a cheap way to connect my old printer?
06-26-2010 02:23 PM
You can get a USB to Parallel adapter, like a StarTech ICUSB1284.
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks”!
I am a volunteer posting here on my spare time.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation