Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi tall0625,

Please download and run HP Printer Install Wizard from link below and try again.

www.hp.com/go/tools

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi bhauss,

Please refer link below to install wirelessly.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/setupInstallResults/?sp4ts.oid=4...

HP Recommended

I had tried this earlier it didn't help.

I fixed it...........the printer is working perfectly now. It is connected to my wireless network now with the new router in place.

I de-installed the setup software and during the re-install I tried to connect wirelessly and it did not recognize the printer. It told me to connect the printer to the computer with USB. Just follow the commands after thant.

That is the key...........as far as I know you must connect the printer to the computer with USB first and then proceed.

Hope this info helps some of you other users when you change out your routers.

HP Recommended

Hi tall6025,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved. The only way to connect PS c4795 wireless is to connect via USB and then convert to wireless.

HP Recommended

I am trying to connect my printer to a new modum it is a wirless HP 4620 I have gone into the Wireless Setting and clicked on Wireless on and it does not give me a place to put in my Network Name and I don't know where to find this I have my password for the modem but nothing else.  Please if anybody can help I would appreciate it.  I am not real computer savy and I don't want to have to pay for someone to come out and change this.  Thanks for any help

HP Recommended

Hi jeriknits,

I can help you set the printer up on the wireless network with your new modem. If you are using a Windows operating system you can download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor. The Print and Scan Doctor has an option on the top that says Network from there you can select Show Advanced Info and choose Show Wireless Info at the bottom, it will show you the name of your network next to SSID (network name) provided your computer is on the wireless network.

If you are using a Mac you can click on the Apple Icon, System Preferences, and under Internet and Wireless you can select Network. On the right hand side click on Airport or WiFi and you will see "Network Name".

Alternately, you maybe able to look on the modem/ router and see the SSID on a sticker somewhere on it. 

Once you have the network name you can proceed with the wireless configuration on the printer. There are two methods available for setting up your HP product on a wireless network. The 'HP Auto Wireless Connect' method might display as an option during installation, depending on your network environment. If the ‘HP Auto Wireless Connect’ method does not display as an option, there is an alternate USB setup method available.

For Step by step instructions use Installing the Product Software for a Wireless Network Connection.

Hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Couldn't be annoyed with the haste after HP has buggered my connection with my new router. I'll go and get a new "Cannon" or Samsung to work with my Android Tablet and phone.. 

Will ask for advise on printer on Twitter and Facebook!

HP Recommended

VCouldn't be annoyed with the haste after HP has buggered my connection with my new router. I'll go and get a new "Cannon" or Samsung to work with my Android Tablet and phone.. 

Will ask for advise on printer on Twitter and Facebook!

Please post this message .. only thing HP might not like is the mention of  Cannon and Samsung!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.