Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet 3700
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I had a problem with my 3700 today when I sent a job to it, it asked for 8.5 by 8.5" paper.  When I sent to job to my 4si it was fine.  So I assumed it was the driver.  Removed the printer, downloaded and installed the new driver.  I installed the driver as traditional, like what I've always had.  After that, I could no longer print to any HP printer that I have over the network, including my old HP4 with it's old drivers.  From any program, when I go to print, the programs just lock up.  When I change my default printer to something other than HP, the print dialog comes up.  If I choose a non-HP printer, all is fine.  If I choose any HP laserjet printer, including the old HP4si, the dialog states waiting for printer to be available, and the programs lock up.  I've gone through many helps on this...removing drivers, reinstalling, removing packages.....all no help.  I have found now that if I install the driver as "dynamic" I can print, but I have to go through the dialogs and pick and printer and so on.  I want to use the traditional where I can print, and be done, like I have for years.  Can somone point me in a direction that would help solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was not able to get the UPD drivers to work with any of my HP laserjets.  I uninstalled the HP printers, removed the packages, then went to Windows, and used the supplied Microsoft Windows drivers instead of the new HP drivers, and all my HP printers are working fine without any issues.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I was not able to get the UPD drivers to work with any of my HP laserjets.  I uninstalled the HP printers, removed the packages, then went to Windows, and used the supplied Microsoft Windows drivers instead of the new HP drivers, and all my HP printers are working fine without any issues.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.