05-31-2013 07:55 PM
I am running Vista (32 bit) and I keep getting an error message when installing the drivers. The message states: Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error 87 for package 'C:\ProgramFiles\HP\HP Officejet Pro 8600\DriverStore\Pipeline\hpvpI09.inf': A supplied parameter is not valid.
I have gone through HP's troubleshooting program, updating Vista, disabling startup programs, etc. I am still getting the same error.
08-29-2013 08:31 AM - last edited on 04-20-2016 09:05 AM by OscarFuentes
I am sorry you are having an issue with the error showing up.
1.) How are you trying to install the software? CD or Download from the HP website?
2.) Can I get the product number on the pack of the unit?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation