Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 1109W
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I'm trying to configure the wireless settings via USB connection running the drivers downloaded when I first plug in the USB cable from the printer. I've tried several different laptops, all running OSX 10.10. Also tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Tried deleting the printer and re-adding it. The printer has never been configured for wireless. In all cases I get the same behavior. I can get the printer HTML page to open fine to the Information tab displaying the Device Status page. When I click the Networking tab the page begins to load but stalls and never loads.

Any  suggestions will be greatly appreciated... Glenn

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@g_wiz,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to setup your HP LaserJet Pro P1109w Printer on the wireless network.

This issue could occur if the wireless setup was not correct.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

To connect the product to a computer on a wireless network, follow these steps:

1. Open Finder in the dashboard.

2. Click Applications, and then double-click System Preferences, and then click Print & Fax.

3. Open Print Queue, click Printer Setup, click the Utility tab, and then click Open Printer Utility.

4. Click HTMLConfig.

5. Click the Networking tab, and then click Wireless in the list on the left.

6. Under Communication Mode, click Infrastructure, select a network name from the Available Network Names (SSID) list, and then click the << button.

7. From the Security Mode pop-up menu under Authentication, click WEP.

8. Type the WEP key and then click Apply.

9. Click OK in the confirmation box.

10. Close the HTML Config windows and the Print Queue window.

11. In the Print & Fax window, choose the USB option (listed with the product model) and then click the minus - button.

12. When the window with the list of printers appears, choose the Bonjour option (listed with the product model), and then click Add.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Wireless Printer Setup

Also, let us know if you were able to connect the printer to the network before.

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for your assistance. Please note the following details:

This is a new printer and has never had the wireless setup.

Using a USB connection I can successfully open the HTML Config page with any browser I use.

In all cases, with every browser I cannot get the Wireless page to load. I click on the Wireless tab and the browser progress bar shows the page just beginning to load but then stalls with no further activity.

I have disabled all browser add-in's with no change in outcome.

HP Recommended

@g_wiz,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that this printer was not able to connect to the wireless network before.

This issue could occur if this printer is not wireless capable.

Please follow the link for the specifications: Printer Specifications

If this printer is wireless capable, then you may need to contact phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

The printer is definitely a wireless model. I was hoping I could resolve the issue here so I didn't have to deal with phone support. Thanks for trying.

HP Recommended

Hi @g_wiz,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you were having an issue setting up the printer wirelessly and you contacted phone support, Just want to check if everything is working fine or not. 

If you are still having the issue, don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help to resolve this issue for you,

• I would suggest you use the Apple built-in drivers since there are no MAC 10.10 drivers for HP LaserJet in HP website. Try the below instructions.

• Go to http://hp.care/2cKwLyC and follow the steps to completely uninstall the current printer drivers.
  • Click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences.
  • Click Printers and Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.
  • Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system.
  • Click Reset in the confirmation window.
  • Enter an administrator username and password, and then click OK.
  • Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
  • Click the Add button (+).
  • Find, and then select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer.
  • Click Print Using..., and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)

For more details, please follow this link: HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update - Click here

That should do the trick. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.