01-11-2011 09:17 AM
Please clarify what the following indicator lights on an HP Color Laserjet 2550LN mean:
- Black = solid amber
- Cyan = blinking amber
- Red = blinking amber
- Yellow = off
- Fuser = solid amber
- All other lights on panel = off
01-11-2011 11:43 AM
Usually, a solid toner light indicates LOW toner and a flashing toner light indicates EMPTY. I am a little confused on the Fuser reference you listed as there is no Fuser light on the printer control panel. Could this be the Image Drum LED you are referring to?
01-11-2011 03:26 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Yes, Solid (cartridge light or Image drum light) means LOW and flashing means OUT. Are there any other lights on (Ready, Attention, etc.). That could mean a non-HP image drum; however, by pressing the Cancel button, should still be able to print with it, just not receive supplies info.
If things are working, I would say you would just need to replace the supplies which have the flashing indication which would mean OUT.
Are any of the primary lights (GO, Attention or Ready) lights on? If all 3 of these lights are SOLID, you press the GO button down to get a secondary light pattern. These are due to a service error of some sort.
03-20-2012 02:52 PM
The product you have is a commercial printer. You may have a better chance at finding a solution by posting in the forum for HP Business Support.
Here is the link to the Commercial Laserjet board:
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation