Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Laserjet 1012.  My PC has Windows 7 Pro 64bits.  I used the Laserjet 1015 PCL 6 drivers.  When I printed the first couple of times, it worked fine.  Now every page just prints out  "Unsupported Personality: PCL" at the top.

What do I do now?

Thanks for your "Experts for One-Day Tech Support"

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi rbarbo43, 

I have found the following thread which will assist you with the printer install in Win 7. Let me know if you need additional assistance?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/Laserjet-1012-driver-for-Windows-7/m-p/...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I got the same problem. The problem is HP decided not to update the driver for Windows 7. The workaround is you have to turn off and turn the printer back on to clear the memory in the printer. 

HP Recommended

I have an HP Laserjet 1012.  My PC has Windows 7 Pro 64bits.  I used the Laserjet 1015 PCL 6 drivers.  When I printed the first couple of times, it worked fine.  Now every page just prints out  "Unsupported Personality: PCL" at the top.

What do I do now?

HP Recommended

Hi rbarbo43, 

I have found the following thread which will assist you with the printer install in Win 7. Let me know if you need additional assistance?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/Laserjet-1012-driver-for-Windows-7/m-p/...

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Unsupported personality: pcl on laserjet 1012 printing from Windows 7 Pro 64bit
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/ .

I hope this helps.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Viateur,

Solved - Laserjet 1012 driver for Windows 7

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
I turn off my printer and turn it again and the problem was settle

I thank you for the suggestion

Viateur
HP Recommended

Hi Viateur,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Good Afternoon,

We are having a similar issue for the Laserjet 1012 while running it through Uniprint via a Terminal Server. We get the same printout error when attempting to print.

Has there been an updated solution to this issue?

Thanks,

TJ

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.