Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (70 Views)

Used supplies in use

Product Name: LaserJet Pro 400 M451dn
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I replaced the yellow & cyan toner cartridges in my printer a while back with HP cartridges purchased from Office Depot.  When I installed them, I got the message "Used supplies in use" and the level of the toner does not show in the lcd display.  I checked today to see if I was missing a firmware upgrade and it appears I am not.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  The cartridges came in HP boxes which are still sitting around waiting to be mailed with the old cartridges for recycling.

Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (41 Views)

Re: Used supplies in use

Return the toners to where you purchased them for refund or exchange. Bring a copy of the supplies status page with you to show that the printer does not see them as new.

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (24 Views)

Re: Used supplies in use

Well, that probably would have been the thing to do at some point last year, but I ignored the problem and I'm sure that Office Depot wouldn't take a return of something I bought last May.  Fortunately, I replaced the black and the magenta cartridges at about the same time and I don't have that problem with those two, so I'll just reorder the cyan & yellow after those two run out. 

And if it happens again, I'll return for replacement right away.

Thanks for your input.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation