Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Why on earth does HP printer software take so long to install.

I did a full remove of all old sotware - it insiosted on reboot.

The Printer is Photosmart Premium CQ521B   connected by USB 2 to a  fast computer.

A full Microsoft office install was only 20mins

It took  63 mins ... which seems insane amount of time for a printer application.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Me too. I've been sitting here for 2 freaking hours waiting on this piece of dog crap software to load. HP products BLOW.

HP Recommended

I agree. What is the HP Printer Driver installer doing? Just copy the driver files to the computer and activate them. Don't collect information, don't evaluate anything, just install the files needed. Don't install extra utilities or anything other than the software required to print and scan. I guess morons are making the decisions about what the installer does. Why aggravate new customer with crappy and slow installer software? This installer is ridiculously slow.

HP Recommended

omg 10 hours and counting to download a stinking driver that should have been installed from the initail set up.  My printer works but i cant scan from printer to computeras it says it's missing the software. Not sure how as i installed everything a month ago and the printer works otherwise, wirelessly and all.  Since this is stuck at a number now for over 2 hours, i anticipate at this rate the driver will download sometime NEXT YEAR...  wth. The most frustrating and stupidest thing i have ever encountered with HP in the 20 plus years i have been with them.  I have tried to stop and restart the download and also intiate a new donwload and all it does is puts me to a lower MB each time and add more time to the download.  FIX THIS AS THIS SEEMS TO BE A KNOWN ISSUE.  This printer is not dependable to me anymore.  This was time sensitive scans and HP let me down.  This will be my last HP product.  You have lost a 20 plus years HP customer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.