07-03-2014 03:17 PM
07-04-2014 08:41 AM
The left most botton on the first row of buttons is the online switch. That's you press to put your printer online before you can print. The leftmost button on the second row is the shift button, you press that to access the second functions (purple color) available on the same row.
What I notice is when ever the print fails, the Form Feed light is left on. I am not sure if this is related to the problem. When I put the printer offline (by hitting the online switch) and hits the the Form Feed button , it prints a one-line garbled page and turn off the FF button.
Note when the print is ok, the FF botton is on while printing and turns off after printing.
03-19-2016 01:37 AM
I fixed my similar printing issue with my trusty laser jet4p, i used a office depot cable it was model #825-565 by Ativa and it wasnt morew than 10 bucks or so, and i used port USB001, I did a window update and that took a few minutes, but at last all was fine and me and my faithful hp 4p are back together again, hope this works for you ,
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation