04-12-2013 05:26 PM
I have downloaded an hp driver for 5610xi. However, Windows 8 doesn't recognize it, and won't let me access the "choose printer" box saying "The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable."
04-17-2013 07:57 AM
I see that you're having an issue adding a printer in windows 8.
>Go to Control Panel
> Select Printers
> Right-click on Add Printer
> Select Run as Administrator
Now try to add your network printer.
Let me know the outcome.
04-17-2013 02:56 PM
I tried what you advised, but cannot right click on Add Printer, it just goes to the screen which scans for a printer. I tried troubleshooting, etc. The Devices and Printers screen shows the printer and says "Not compatible with this version of Windows." When I check under Device Manager, HP Officejet 5600 series shows there, but still no printing.
Thank you for your help.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation