Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet 4650 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently installed my HPink.com cartridges and my printer now has alignment problems when printing things like powerpoint presentations (especially when I print 3 slides to a page). I never had this problem before and I did perform the alignment function on my printer. help please.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@MissMetal

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Office Jet 4650 all-in-one printer and after installing new ink cartridges, te printer is facing alignment issues though you have completed the alignment process. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Are you an HP Instant Ink account holder?

I will wait for your response. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
Yes, I am an instant ink customer. The problem started after putting in my first cartridges.
HP Recommended

Hello @MissMetal,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're experiencing problems printing your presentations. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution' if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

In order for me to assist you better, I will need more information. 

First, we need to determine if the problem is hardware or software and driver related.

What does the alignment sheet look like?  

Did the alignment page calibrate correctly?

Do you have problems printing other documents?

If the alignment process doesn't complete is will continue printing the alignment page until the cartridges are properly calibrated.

Here are some reasons the Alignment can fail:

• If prompted to scan the alignment page. This can not be bypassed.
  • When printing the Alignment page, use a fresh white 8.5 X 11 (everyday paper).
  • Insufficient Ink levels.
  • Poor print quality.

I would do a Hard Reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

• Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  • Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  • Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector).

I would try the steps within this guide, An 'Alignment Failed' Error Message Displays on the Control Panel.

NOTE: This document 'Alignment Failure', refers to the type of Ink cartridges you use, not the type of printer.

I hope this helps. Please post the results. Good luck! 🙂 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
I followed the directions pertaining to recalibrating the cartridges along with scanning the printed alignment sheet which looked fine. However there is a faint dark line in the last color box on the page.
After installing instant ink cartridges the printer is louder and shakes some.
Simple word documents have printed ok so far.
I will try the hard reset later tonight after I get home and let you know the results either way.
I have one further question, if the hard reset works can I plug the printer back into a surge protector or outlet that has multiple plug ins? I only have one outlet in the room.
HP Recommended
The hard reset did not resolve my issue.
HP Recommended

Hello MissMetal.

Thanks for trying to steps that I have recommended. 

The noise and print quality issue could be a result of an obstruction. Please make sure there is no paper in the carriage area and under the docking station.  

From the sounds of it, you may have a defective color cartridge, I can replace it. Please send me a private message with your email address or account number for your account. 

In the event that you have defective ink cartridge, I will need the part number (4-5 digits long) and expiry date from the cartridge.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 🙂 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I accidentally posted my info. I will resend in private message asap

HP Recommended
I recieved the new cartridges and I am still having the same problem. Can I just get my money back for this heap of uselessness?
HP Recommended

Hi@MissMetal

Thank you for the update.

I understand that the above steps didn't resolve the issue.

I recommend you to contact phone support for available service options.

Use the link below to get in touch with them.

Technical support link: www.hp.com/contacthp

If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted Solution” if this helps.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.