Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have a all in one printer hp c309m it did the same thing lights r on will not print run a test pass wi if fails that's hp for u do not will not stand behind their products had mine for 33 days quit working they said we will sell u a new one.
HP Recommended
Try turning off the Bluetooth radio from the settings menu.
HP Recommended
Turn off the Bluetooth radio from the settings menu. Run the setup again and it should work.
HP Recommended
I did it did not work. Thanks for the input.
HP Recommended

Why is it no one goes back and reads the earlier post. The solutions are there. H.P. customer service will not help you once your warranty is up. you can buy a new wireless card for 25 bucks. the links are in previous post and pictures on how to change it. It will take you all of 10 minutes from start to finish to replace the wireless card

HP Recommended
How do you replace a wireless card on a hp all in one printer c 309 g m.
HP Recommended

@64dodger wrote:
Here is a solution for everyone that will cost you about $60 bucks. From Amazon (best price I can find) purchase Diamond Multimedia 300Mbps 802.11n Wireless Range Extender (WR300N) this is the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005D5M136/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details it is a repeater with an ethernet rj45 connection. Configure the Diamond repeater,it only takes about 2 minutes plug it in by your printer connect the included cable to your printer. Configure the printer to be shared on your main pc and then add the printer to all of your wireless devices. Works like a charm.

This is a response to 64dodger's post on page 18... 

This sounds like a perfect resolution as it doesn't require buying a new printer or trying to find a new card.  I can't believe no one else has tried this or responded to it.  It would probably help in a couple ways as my wi-fi is weak on upper floor, and this range extender will also solve that problem, I would think...

I was lucky in that my printer lasted maybe two years before the radio failure, though on one of my computers, it seemed to change it's IP address frequently,while maintaining the same IP on the other computer.  Now that's a mystery!  At one time, I had 9 copies of the printer on the first computer (a netbook). I just kept adding a printer, and let the software discover the printer, and 'installing' in a new port. 

I think I'm going to order the range extender tonight!  Will post my results when I have them!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

As I said in my post. go back to about page 7. pictures are there as to how to change the wirelss card

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem as a seemingly endless list of c309a owners.  Great solution but it is a shame that HP does not wake up to recognize what appears to be an extensive product defect.  Their refusal to acknowledge a real problem with this product as evidenced by so many complaints about the wireless radio quitting prematurely is a real shame.  They are only succeeding in alienating a formerly loyal customer base.  Customer satisfaction used to be a standard credo but I guess that has gone out the door along with their product reliability. 

HP Recommended

I agree that HP has missed the boat here with customer satisfaction.  How difficult would it be for them to acknowledge the radio card problem and have a supply to send for free to those with problems within the warranty, and for a nominal sum for those who experienced the problem after the warranty expired?  They would then probably keep these customers happy with their HP products who would also keep purchasing their very expensive ink cartridges...(don't get me started there!)  Instead, from the tone of this thread, they are just succeeding in driving away present customers who will 'never buy HP products again.'

That said, I received the Diamond Wireless Range extender from Amazon as mentioned by 64dodger on page 18 of this thread, and copied again in my last message - and 5 minutes later, my printer was attached to my network, and it's good to go.... wirelessly!  As I like the other features of the Photosmart 309a, I am glad for this solution...cheaper than buying a new printer, and easier than trying to track down a radio card that isn't easily available.

Problem solved for me!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.