Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just purchased a Officejet 4500 G510G, can I download software or a diver to be able to access it via my home wireless network.?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Lbdelay

Did your printer not come with a CD? Either way you can download the drive by following the link below. Just choose your operating system and version. The G510g unfortunately does not have wireless that would be the G510n. However, you can attach the printer to the newtork via an ethernet cable and access it on the network.

To install on the network make sure no USB cable is attached (unless the prompt states otherwise) and follow the steps below.

1. If you downloaded a Full Feature driver, the installer might prompt you to select the type of installation you want. (Skip this step if you downloaded a basic driver.)

The following information might help you decide which installation type to use.

The Recommended type of installation allows you to take advantage of all your product features.

1. When prompted to choose a connection type, select the Network type, not the USB type.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the software.

Officejet 4500 Software

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

i read on another post that i can hook it up to my network with the ethernet cable...but in that post it said not to USB cables unless prompted....i no longer have the cd for this printer but its already in my laptop since i used it before.....need to use it at home due to home computer being down at the moment......is it as simple as disconnecting my old printer and connecting this one to my ethernet cable

HP Recommended

Hello stx66

To connect the officejet G510g to the network follow the steps below.

1. Connect the printer to the router using an ethernet cable.
  2. Download and run the latest full feature software for the printer.
  3. When propmpted choose the connection type as Network.
  4. Follow the rest of the instructions and the printer should now be installed as a network printer.

The instructions I gave for Lbdelay were meant for a wireless installation, in which you may be prompted during the installing to connect it through USB to transfer wireless settings to the printer. If you have it connected through USB before it askes it can cause problems.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

the information about 510g  not wireless and connect via eternet-line is perfect.

it works and I say thank you HP

@Travis_C wrote:

Hello stx66

To connect the officejet G510g to the network follow the steps below.

1. Connect the printer to the router using an ethernet cable.
  2. Download and run the latest full feature software for the printer.
  3. When propmpted choose the connection type as Network.
  4. Follow the rest of the instructions and the printer should now be installed as a network printer.

The instructions I gave for Lbdelay were meant for a wireless installation, in which you may be prompted during the installing to connect it through USB to transfer wireless settings to the printer. If you have it connected through USB before it askes it can cause problems.

HP Recommended

can i connect hp officejet 4500 g510g to a wireless network?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.