05-27-2012 01:10 AM
I have a HP Color Laserjet 2840 and an iMac runing Mac OS X ver. 10.7.4.
Can I install and use the full suite of HP software to fully operate the printer and scanner features? Currently I can only print with very limited functionality that the printer offers.
05-27-2012 06:25 AM
I affraid your printer is not fully supported by Lion Mac OS X 10.7.
As you may find listed below, only print functionality provided for the OS and scanning is no longer supported:
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
06-21-2012 07:05 PM
Yeah, this is a problem. We are running a new MacBook Pro, but have 3 older MacBooks on the network, and now have to buy a new printer because HP doesn't want to write the software to run the product? You seem to make new drivers for every Windows version that comes out every 2 years, but not for Mac? Is HP going to make a driver, or should we just stop using HP altogether?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation