01-11-2012 12:03 PM
I have a HP Officejet 7410. The OS is Windows 7. After I press the scan button on the printer, the error message on the printer is, "You need to install or run HP software for the feature." I have already updated the drivers off the HP website. The scan feature worked in the past but, my computer got "infected" with something & I had it removed. Now, I can't get it to work again. What do I need to do to make the scan feature work?
01-11-2012 12:38 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 04:01 PM by OscarFuentes
You can follow the steps in the link :
If this answer was helpful or clarified the issue click the star to offer me a kudo as thanks.
If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution
Although I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.
01-11-2012 04:48 PM
I have the Officejet 7410 with OS Windows 7. I uninstalled ALL HP drivers. During re-install of the FULL driver software, I received this error message, "fatal error during installation". The scan feature use to work on this printer What shall I do next?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation