Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I was able to print things in the past using usb connection in my printer. After I reformatt my computer, I tried plug the usb connected from printer to pc, the usb won't install, it have an error message that it couldn't reconigze the computer or something, i have a yellow warning triangle next to the universal serial bus usb controller. I tried to update it but, it can't update, i tried plug in and plug out the usb, i tried manually install printer in devices and printers and still yellow triangle in the pc. Please help, i have a window 7 home edition 64 bits. And i have recently change my wireless network after reformatting, but that don't matter before reformatting, cause i change wireless network and still able to print, but after format i can't. please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi cowmanchess, 

Sounds like you are having issues with your USB port on the computer. 

Have you tried using a different USB port on the computer?

Have you tried a new USB cable?

How long is the USB cable you are currently using?

Do you have a USB hub between the printer and computer?

Remove the USB cable, and then download the software at the link below. Wait till the software installation asks you to connect the cable. Let me know if you get the printer installed?

HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi cowmanchess, 

Sounds like you are having issues with your USB port on the computer. 

Have you tried using a different USB port on the computer?

Have you tried a new USB cable?

How long is the USB cable you are currently using?

Do you have a USB hub between the printer and computer?

Remove the USB cable, and then download the software at the link below. Wait till the software installation asks you to connect the cable. Let me know if you get the printer installed?

HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

i tired this method, this is same thing as the cd i tried installed the usb connection and then installation starts. But then then it tell me to connect usb to computer, waiting for pc to connect to printer, but when i plug usb in, nothing happends and the installation cancels. I want to try to use autoplay but i don't find the ip adress of my printer, the usb can't connect to pc because 

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.  

What can i do now, i tried all your method that you provide me and all fail, except the buy new usb cable one. I don't want to buy a new one cause this usb cable always works, but just stops working after i reformatted my pc, looks like the usb acn't recongize my pc because maybe setting changed, what should i do?

HP Recommended
and also i can't update this usb controller because it have no driver
HP Recommended

Hi cowmanchess, 

If you have an exclamation mark ("i have a yellow warning triangle next to the universal serial bus usb controller.") on the USB contoller you will need to get this issue resolved on the computer before the printer can be detected. If you have just reformatted the computer there is a chance this driver didn't get installed correctly or the USB port is not working. You will need to contact the computer manufacture to help resolve the issue on the USB port or driver for the port. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

the yellow error traingle is still there, but i need to contact the manufaturer? how do i do that and waht do i tell them? The usb dosen't recongnize my pc anymore, what should i do? whats the manufaucturer phone, and i really want to have live chat with hp or manufacturer, but my warranty expired and i can't. I reallt need my printer to work, is there another way for live chat?

HP Recommended

Hi cowmanchess, 

You will need to look up the support number for the manufacture of your computer. They can help you resolve the issue with your USB ports. Once the USB driver conflict has been resolved you should have no problem getting the printer installed. If you tell me the manufacture of your computer i can see if i can locate a support number for you?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I finally manage to solve my own problem a few days ago, all you have to do is try all the other usb ports in the pc and autoplay will start again. I have a dell inspiron n5110 and it have three usb ports, i tred the two of them and didn't work, but there is one on the left hand side and plug in that one and then it start installing the printer and hope this help future people with the same problem.

HP Recommended

Hi cowmanchess, 

Glad to hear the other USB port worked to get this printer installed. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hey there,

I just purchased the printer and am having a very hard time getting the printer to connect. The USB is connected to my laptop, I can hear the noise on my laptop signaling that something new has connected to it. However in the installation process, it still says waiting for the device to connect. I've also tried connecting the printer directly to my router but that doesn't seem to work either. VERY frustrating experience, hoping someone can help me through this. Would this be an issue with the printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.