11-26-2011 10:00 AM
I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500A it is setup on a wireless network. Our internet provider uses cable to provide the internet signal. is it possible to setup and send faxes through the internet and cable, or does the fax function have to be setup on a phone line?
11-26-2011 11:29 AM
You device contain an Analog Fax modem.
In order to use the fax function, it is required to connect the device to a phone line.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
11-26-2011 03:06 PM
the closest phone jack is two rooms away, it is not really a reasonable distance to try to plug it in. so is there a way to add something to the printer that would allow the printer to send fax through the cable internet?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation