Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Jet direct J3310A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp internal page settings empty.jpgHi,

I have a laserjet 2100TN and a jet direct J3110A tot connect it with my network.

My goal is to change the IP adress because I want to have a static adress in the network. To do so I try to open de the internal settings page of the printer via de IP adress 192.168.0.106. All I get is blanc screen with only the "help"button and a link to HP.com. How can I change that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would think so. Web jet admin is used by administrators of very big networks to control all their printers from setting up to doing mass firmware upgrades, etc. It is a very powerful program and since it uses its own interface java will not be an issue.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

You may be out of luck unless you have a very old computer with win95 or 98.  Your problem is the 600N network cards java interface is very old so newer computers can not load java to access the information.  Sometimes an xp computer can read the card but most times it will not.  What you can try is to use the host name of the jet direct card which appears on the same page as the ip address of the config report.  Since the host name never changes it does not matter if the ip address changes or not.  You could also do a search of the hp web site for a program called install network printer which will use hp software to find and setup your printer where the ip address will not be important.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer David,

Indeed I have a probook 4730s with windows 10. So I have to cope with it I guess.

HP Recommended

I doubt you will have any issues using the current ip address of the printer.  It looks like it was setup in an area probably reserved to such devices before with the over 100 last part of the address.  You can try the host name instead of the ip address to see if it works and if it does, then the address changing will not effect your connectivity to the printer.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

The IP-range of the router is 100-200. So I wanted an adress outside of this range for my printer. I'm not sure I understand your suggestion quite good. What do you mean bij using the hostname instead of the ip adress. The configuration sheet shows a hostname: "Vigor16".

My printer comes with a Jetdirect J3110A , maybe that's of some influence?HP laserjet configutratiegegevens.png

Sorry for my English, it's getting a bit rusty I guess.

HP Recommended

Your jet direct is the old 600N as I mentioned in my first post.  Look at the label on the card inself on the grey ledge.  That said what I mean by host name is sometimes you can put in the host name rather than the ip address.  If you go to ports if you have the printer loaded and then say add port and choose standard tcp/ip and hit enter when the box comes up it will tell you to enter the ip address or host name.  Try the host name instead of the ip address and see if it works.  If it does you do not have to worry about the ip address as it can change since the computer will look for the host name of your network card rather then the ip address.  On some computers it will not work with the host name.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

The suggestion that the internal settings can only be reached by using an older version of JAVA is correct. I managed to install a 6.45 JAVA version on an laptop with Windows XP (SP3). With this combination it is possible to reach the internal webpage of the HP 2100 TN laserjet (with the jet direct 600N). So I succeeded in changeing the dynamic IP adress of the printer into a static one. How I found my way to this result can be read HERE. Regrettably it is in dutch so for all you Yankees it may be a bit of a puzzle :LaughingTears:

While I was searching for an answer, I found a HP programm called HP web jetadmin 10. It works fluently with windows 10! This program is meant for analising and tuning HP printers. In the configure section of this program the impression is made that you can configure the IP adress. I wonder if that is correct? Anyone who can give me an answer to this question?

If it is correct, future changes with the static IP adress will not be so complicated and wil be easily made with web jetadmin.

I hope some knows the answer.

Rgds

HP Recommended

Since web jet admin has it own interface and communicates with all printers on the network using ip and mac addresses I would think you should be able to use it to fine tune your settings at any time.

HP Recommended

By mentioning: " I would think you should be able to use it to fine tune your settings at any time"

Do you mean that it is possible to change an Ip adress without complications?

HP Recommended

I would think so. Web jet admin is used by administrators of very big networks to control all their printers from setting up to doing mass firmware upgrades, etc. It is a very powerful program and since it uses its own interface java will not be an issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.