Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp Color LaserJet 2025n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I print documents they will be a little bit blurred. I want them sharp and correct. How can I calibrate my laserprinter?

What´s wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> How can I calibrate my laserprinter?

Every printer has calibration options.  Check out the user manual for your model for clarification on the steps.  Before you jump into calibrations you might want to run a few experiments to confirm if it is a physical printing problem or a document quality problem.

> What´s wrong?

Few tasks you will want to compete to help you isolate the quality problem:

1. Print a report directly from the control panel of the printer.  There should be a demo page, configuration report or something you can print without the assistance of a PC, driver or software.  See your user manual for the report options.

2. Print a new test document from scratch.  Compare the results between the new and the old documents.

3. Print the same document from another application if possible.  For example a picture from MS Paint, Word, Adobe or another image viewer. Compare the results.

4. Print a variety of file types and compare.  Try to isolate the problem down to specific types like .PDF, .TIFF, .PNG, etc. for more specific solutions.

Pending on what you find you can attempt the following suggestions:

1. Calbrate the printer

2. Try a different print driver

3. Reset the application settings

4. Reinstall with the latest software update from HP

5. Contact the owner of the document with defects for a higher quality copy

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

> How can I calibrate my laserprinter?

Every printer has calibration options.  Check out the user manual for your model for clarification on the steps.  Before you jump into calibrations you might want to run a few experiments to confirm if it is a physical printing problem or a document quality problem.

> What´s wrong?

Few tasks you will want to compete to help you isolate the quality problem:

1. Print a report directly from the control panel of the printer.  There should be a demo page, configuration report or something you can print without the assistance of a PC, driver or software.  See your user manual for the report options.

2. Print a new test document from scratch.  Compare the results between the new and the old documents.

3. Print the same document from another application if possible.  For example a picture from MS Paint, Word, Adobe or another image viewer. Compare the results.

4. Print a variety of file types and compare.  Try to isolate the problem down to specific types like .PDF, .TIFF, .PNG, etc. for more specific solutions.

Pending on what you find you can attempt the following suggestions:

1. Calbrate the printer

2. Try a different print driver

3. Reset the application settings

4. Reinstall with the latest software update from HP

5. Contact the owner of the document with defects for a higher quality copy

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

I got no manual for my printer, but I´ll try thoose suggestions./ Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.