03-17-2013 01:43 PM
Trying to set up a new HP DeskJet 3510. I am on a windows 7 desktop, a dell inspiron 660. The printer gives me a "connected" message in regard to my wifi network. IP address is 188.8.131.52, modem recognizes it as a connected device, computer recognizes it as default printer, but... it will not print. Whenever I try to print something, it simply spools ntil it times out the disappears. HP troubleshooting guides and site are no help. Any thoughts? thanks.
03-18-2013 02:03 PM - last edited on 04-19-2016 12:49 PM by OscarFuentes
I see that you are having issues with the printer printing wireless. Perform a hard reset on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the back. Leave it out for 30 seconds, and plug it back in.
You can try to run the print and scan doctor and check the results.
You can also try to set a Static IP Address and see if it helps. This will give better communication within the printer and computer. Here is a link that will help you with the wireless connection. Step 6 is the Static IP Address.
Let me know how the print and scan doctor goes, before you try the seconds step.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation