Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I tried what you suggested. I updated the windows drivers on my Windows 8.1 computer, but the deskjet 990C is NOT listed. I have tried several things, to get my HP Deskjet 6122 to work, but so far, nothing. What do I do ?. Can anyone help me, please !!!. Thank you.

HP Recommended
I installed it wrong the first time but now its working with the 990c driver. I havent upgraded to 8.1 yet. Does this work with windows 8.1?
HP Recommended

If you click on Windows update, it should download the driver. If it doesn't show, restart the computer and try again. 

HP Recommended
I haven't been able to get the driver for the 990c, into my windows 8.1 computer.
HP Recommended
It doesn't work. It makes me install a driver tuner thing, then I have to click on scan, then fix, and it wants me to pay for the drivers/fix
HP Recommended

Save the downloaded driver where you can find it again and from the installation window for the printer you can navigate to it. 

HP Recommended

Yep that worked for me thanks! Went to 'add printer', did the windows update thing, selected the driver for 990c and my old faithful HP DeskJet 6122 is back in action 🙂

HP Recommended
I tried the same thing by signing into 90 she printer to the Windows 8 laptop now I get a notice that the 990 she is in error mode and doesn't seem to want to clear I'm in the process of downloading all the updates for windows eight to see what might have been Misssd
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.