Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Plugged my printer via USB directly into my new Asus laptop and it will not install.  No dvd drive on laptop either.  HP site shows "no" driver for LaserJet 1100 Series.  This was my default printer on my old laptop with Windows 98.  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

From Windows 98 (available before 1998) to Windows 10 (available for general public 2015) is around 17 years. In general, printers are not PnP (Plug and Play) devices, we need drivers. Windows 10 has generic driver which allows many older printers including MFP or AIO printers to print (no scan).

Back to your printer, please download the following software and drivers and install to your Windows 10 computer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-11/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v...

Note: Only plug the USB cable in when the installtion process asking for and avoid USB 3.0 port.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

From Windows 98 (available before 1998) to Windows 10 (available for general public 2015) is around 17 years. In general, printers are not PnP (Plug and Play) devices, we need drivers. Windows 10 has generic driver which allows many older printers including MFP or AIO printers to print (no scan).

Back to your printer, please download the following software and drivers and install to your Windows 10 computer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-11/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v...

Note: Only plug the USB cable in when the installtion process asking for and avoid USB 3.0 port.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.