09-14-2012 06:53 AM - last edited on 04-19-2016 11:18 AM by OscarFuentes
The HP Laserjet P1005 currently not supported on Windows 8.
As you may find listed below, a software for Windows 8 expected to become avaialble at January:
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
02-21-2013 04:00 PM
Until HP releases a software and driver package for this printer, you can try using an alternate driver for the printer. The problem here is that I have not yet found a good generic driver for Laserjet printers. You will have to try each driver available until you find one that works like you want it too. I'll post the steps below, and will make sure to point out the step to try the drivers on.
- Hold your mouse arrow in the lower right, or upper right, corner of the screen to bring up the Charms Bar. If you are using a touch screen, you can swipe your finger from the right side to the left.
- Select the Search Charm.
- Under the search box, click on Settings.
- In the search box, type Devices.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your printer.
- Select Printer Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on New Driver.
- Click Next.
- Select HP from the first list.
- Select any Laserjet driver from the second list. You will most likely need to repeat this step several times to find the right driver.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Click OK to close the window.
02-22-2013 02:16 AM
its crazy, I have HP LJ p1005 printer, I have still my first cartridge. After Windows 8 upgrade I cannot print!
Old driver from W7 is possible to install, but after some attempts stops working.
Please, we need HP LJ p1005 driver for windows 8 very much!
05-08-2013 07:16 AM
@JiriCvrk, sorry that you are having a problem with the drivers and compatibility.
Have you tried downloading an alternative driver (deskjet 990c). (Shane_R) has a great post on how to download it.
Let me know how this goes.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
05-08-2013 10:26 AM - edited 05-08-2013 10:51 AM
It worked not, and I tried many others (HP) drivers on Windows 8 64bit, nothing helped.
The best result was with
W7 drivers in compatibility mode. It worked, but only for 2-3 days.
Yes I can use this "solution", but I had to reinstall drivers very frequently, configure ports, and sometimes it takes a very much time!!
After 7 month of studying and living with this problem I am pretty sure what works and what not.
Regular driver for Windows 8 is needed.
05-08-2013 11:02 AM
I will update the thread when the driver for the p1005 has been posted.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation