Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi LD13,

Have you tried restoring the Network defaults?

1. Setup

2. Wireless

3. Restore Network Defaults

Untitled.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi pcwizard,

I took your advice and purchased the HP7520 all-in-one. Having followed HP guy Adam's setup video on youtube (no quick start guide with this model) the two items not completed were connection to printer & wireless setup. Problem is when i insert CD a list of the files appear and a lot of noise also. How can i finish installation and get printer profile into Devices and Printers of HP Touchsmart desktop? Fiddled around a bit at one point and some files Creations, Shop, are now on desktop. HP photosmart7520 is in All Programs but unable to find Setup & Software or connect New Printer as per online information.

Hope you can help

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Kevn51260,

Follow these steps to set up your wireless connection using the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer control panel.

1. From the Wireless menu, touch Settings
  2. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard , and then follow the on-screen instructions.
  3. Follow the steps in the document below. I would recommend downloading the software from the HP website to get the latest up to date version.

Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi pcwizard,

Slight development since original post. When I switched on this evening some 7 or 8 updated drivers automatically downloaded, all were successful and Ready appeared beside them. HP7520 also appeared on Devices and Printers.

Original concern was that files from installation CD disc had not loaded properly onto Touchsmart computer. Have now printed from Comp > Printer and scanned from Printer > Comp successfully, although I have also seen  ' offline ' when printer turned on. Still have USB connection. Is there any way for me to check if all is OK with connection and all files are in place (82 I believe from earlier) Shall I still proceed with your Wireless recommendation instructions? I do wish to connect with a wireless connection as some printer features are not available otherwise. Does USB cable need to be removed before wireless connection made? Sorry this is a bit long winded.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I bought a Photosmart C7280 in the Uk and am now in Canada so I would need to change region code. I tried some key sequences which unfortunately managed to put the printer in MFG Mode.

So I need help to reset the printer to normal mode and to chnage the region to canada so I can buy print cartridges here. I tried HP support but they were useless basically saying that they couldn't open any file for this "obsolete printer" and that I needed to buy a new printer.

Can anyone help

HP Recommended

Hi SThu,

I understand you're having issues with your Photosmart C7280 printer. I will certainly do my best to help you with these issues!

For the MFG Mode you should be able to clear that by power cycling the printer a few times as Bob_Headrick explains in his post.

For changing the region of your printer there are a few steps you will need to do on your own and then call HP Tech Support at 1-800-474-6836 to get assistance with the rest of the process.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

MissTeriLynn,

I called HP Support again and was again told that they can't do this and maybe I have to call HP UK tech Support to re-regionalize my printer. Is this correct in your view?

HP Recommended

Hello,

My OfficeJet 5610 All-In-One has entered MFG mode for some reason. When I start it, "MFG Mode" appears on the display, followed twice by scrolling line, and then it shuts down. None of the buttons seem to respond, except On/Off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an HP C6280 and when I turn the printer on I get this grid with color bar at the bottom on the display. When I click the power button again, it also says MFG Mode.

I read something about using key combinations to enter special menus to get out of MFG mode but I don't know exactly what keys to use for this. I also tried the power off / unplug power and then power on again, without success. The factory reset via the preferences menu also didn't help.

How can I get back to User mode?

HP Recommended
Found that Semi-full reset did the trick.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.