09-29-2012 08:08 PM
Simple follow the instructions that came with the new printer.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 96.3% chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
09-29-2012 08:14 PM
Are they the same brand and model ? My home network has 3 printersfrom 3 vendors namely HP, Canon & Epson. Just adding the HP few weeks ago and very simple: put the CD in one computer, connect the USB cable when requied, Yes to few things and then up we go. For the second, third ... computer, much simpler.
I have not tried same brand and model but meny users have some problem with that.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation