Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Are they selling us defective printers?

It seems that other models of HP printers have the same problem.

I will look into non HP laser printers.

HP Recommended

My 5510 is 16 mnd and wont print black. It has been unused for 30 days in hot summer. I have tryed all the cleenings but it still wont print black  - my next printer will not be a HP.

HP Recommended

After some research I found this is an ongoing problem ( since at least 2007) with other HP models as well, but HP continues selling these printers to unsuspecting customers.

HP's solution: Buy another printer.

HP Recommended

I have owned HP in the past and was very satisfied. My fax machine still works very well only I wanted a wireless product. I am very disappointed with this printer. I have taken back a lot of ink cartridges because I thought it was the cartridge not working right. When I put an old one in, it wants to work but no ink left.  May I suggest that you guys look at the possibilty that it is the cartridge that is the problem?

HP Recommended

My printer just developed this problem.  According to ink levels the black was low so I had another I had purchased not that long ago.  The black started printing very little or not at all so I put in the new cartridge.  Same problem.  Thought it was a faulty cartridge.  I tried all the trouble shooting that HP suggested and nothing worked.  Tried cleaning the head with an alcohol swab, same results.  Bought a new cartridge, same results.  Of course my printer is out of warranty and after reading the forum all have the same problems.  I am really disappointed.  I had not planned on buying a new printer but it sounds like HP just doesn't care.

HP Recommended

problem with hp 5510 printer.  Printer will not print black.  All print catridges have been chanhed.  Cleaning done.  Print instructions have normal settings, not grey scale or other option.  How do you fix the lack of black printing

HP Recommended

Been through all steps. Cannot find levers.

HP Recommended

@sueali301 wrote:

Been through all steps. Cannot find levers.

The printhead on the Photosmart 5510 is not removable.  For the Photosmart 5510 the troubleshooting steps in the document here may help.  Especially make sure the vents are cleared.  If that does not resolve the issue then resetting the printer as described in the post here may help.  If this does not resolve the issue then read the entire thread here and try requesting reset instructions.

If your printer is under warranty I suggest you contact HP for warranty service.  If you are in the US call 1-800-HPINVENt, elewhere see the contact information here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

My HP priner 5510 Photosmart All-in-one has stopped printing black.  It still prints grey.  I have sent it through the

HP print doctor and they changed my drivers, cleaned the printer heads and cleaned the printer bar.  A still can't get a black print out.

HP Recommended

Hello Bardoo-2 and welcome to the HP forums!

I'm sorry to hear your Photosmart 5510 has stopped printing black, but I will definitely to my best to assist you with this issue Smiley Happy

I will recommend that you follow the steps in this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document. If those steps do not resolve your issue, please let me know if the printer is in or out of warranty and what country you're in. Please feel free to private message me the country information.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.