05-26-2011 07:37 AM
I am trying to install HP printer software(HP Deskjet F2276) on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit computer. When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working". I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program. Both of these close the program.
Does a solution exists for this problem?
please reply me as soon as possible
05-27-2011 12:03 PM
I have the same problem with an OfficeJet 8500 A909 and a Gateway notebook with Windows 7. Have spent hours with HP already to no avail - nothing is resolving the issue and letting me install. Have contacted Gateway but haven't heard back from them. Very frustrating!
07-22-2011 03:23 AM
Hi--I'm new here...trying to get my printer installed on
my laptop--windows7 o/s printer d1660'
I get this erroe message "hp installer setup has stopped working"
after I download and it extract..that's what happens- how do I
correct this? Did you guys get a fix??? I've tried all the
suggestions in the faqs and forums.
09-01-2011 09:44 AM
I just got a new Acer laptop, 64 bit OS . My HP D110a Photosmart printer will not install. "Installer stopped working" m mVery tiresome. Neither the downl;oaded 64 bit driver/app nor the cd will work. Thank goodness for USB memory sticks so I can run back and forth to my desktop when I need to print
09-04-2011 02:15 PM
Receive message - hp installer plugin has stopped working. I have tried to install the basic drivers for the D110a printer and receive the same failure message. PC is an Acer notebook running 64 bit Windows7.
09-04-2011 04:44 PM
1. Open Internet Explorer and Go to Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable or Disable Add-ons then look for the "HP Smart Select" and "HP Smart BHO Class", select each of them and then select the "Disable" option.
2. Then install the HP printer software; reboot the PC.
3. Open Internet Explorer and Go to Tools > Windows update, downloaded a specific fix for the issue (on Vista).After the patch, you can re-enable the previously disabled HP plug-ins and all as well.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
The extended attributes are inconsistent.
The cause of the issue is due to conflict and noncompliance of HP software setup installer with the new Internet Explorer 9 beta (IE9 beta 1 or IE9 beta 2, or probably any versions of IE 9 if HP or Microsoft doesn’t change how things interact).
To resolve the problem so that HP software suite can be installed or uninstalled properly without error, user has to uninstall IE9 web browser, and then restart the computer for the change to take effect.
Once reverted back to IE8 or even IE7, any HP software setup can run without error.
1. On the error window do you find an option for details? Click that and check if it refers to Appcrash hpzfwx01.exe.
2. If yes, search for the file hpzfw01.exe." on the installation disc. Right clicked >Properties > Compatibility.
3. Select "Run this program in compatibility mode - Windows XP (service pack 2), OK/Apply.
4. Reinstall the software and check if works. Also you can continue the installation without connecting the device and then connect it once the software is installed, check if helps.
09-21-2011 10:04 AM - last edited on 05-18-2015 04:29 PM by Omar-E
I have an updated way of fixing this problem.
Please go take a look at this document and it explans how to fix this problem with a patch that was developed.
This will enable you to install the full solution for an HP printer on a C50 Processor Based PC.
I work for HP
10-02-2011 09:35 PM
If you have an AMD processor in your PC the page here may help.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
04-23-2012 07:56 PM - last edited on 04-19-2016 09:37 AM by OscarFuentes
Took me forever to find the solution...another person said you have to buy a different printer (NOT--my HP C4795 rocks--DONT throw out the baby with the bathwater!!!!).
I just bought an Acer Aspire One, great little laptop, dirt cheap at Staples...was getting the same **bleep** message as you did.
Attaching a link for the fix on the HP website:
01-13-2013 05:39 PM - last edited on 05-22-2015 03:24 PM by kevin-t
Nevermind the request. I managed to find another download source:
Printer is now installing. Hopefully this can help someone else in future, too.
Kudos to me.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation