Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi i am using hp officejet 4355 all in one printer . this is showing cartridge error when ever i  turn on the printer. i tried cahnging the cartridges and replaceing them but these have come to no use. the device shows a message as "refer to device documentation to troubleshoot". i don't understand what to do with this now. can u just help me what is to be done to get my device work.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey gsd84,

Did this error recently begin?  Did you change cartridges in the printer recently?

Have you tried performing an Ink System Reset to this printer?  Click here for the information about the Ink System Reset.

As well, it is possible that the ink cartridges have developed a problem in this printer.  Do you have another set of cartridges that are known good or new to test in the product?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

hi thanks for responding to my post. as for the problem i have not changed the cartidges but have filled teh ink and tried to place them. but could not find any difference. i want to know whether i have to get new cartridges to solve my problem now or to do any other changes to the device.

HP Recommended

It sounds like the cartridge that you have been refilling has developed a problem, most likely in the electrical contact.  The next step in troubleshooting this problem is going to be to replace the problem cartridge.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.