09-28-2010 04:22 PM
I installed hp photosmart C5550 onto new laptop w/ Windows 7. Computer and printer won't communicate via USB. Can't locate disk to do an uninstall and re-install. I have two printers in different residences and I desperately need them to function. Printers worked great with old lap top. Ideas/Suggestions.
02-21-2011 06:00 PM
I just recently came across a bluetooth usb flashstick for my HP c5550 printer. I already installed windows 7 a long time ago. I have had no problems using my printer with the USB cable from the printer to my computer. My problem is that I would like to use the printer with a wirless connection.(using the bluetooth that came with the printer) However, my printer will not communicate with my computer. I have read that this is a common problem for this with this printer model with windows 7. I have tried installing updated drivers for windows 7 and drivers for my printer but nothing seems to help. Even the person from HP support could not help.
I read on the HP website that if I installed this patch PS AIO 04 C5500 NonNet Full Win WW 130 140 exe. this would fix the problem. So far it has not.
Does anyone have a solution for this?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation