08-17-2013 08:42 PM
I just bought a ASUS laptop with Windows 8. It recognized my HP psc 1210 printer and added the printer ok. I can use the printer to scan a photo or make copies of a page ok, but it won't print. It says the printer is ready. But when I tried to print, nothing happens, the document is in the queue forever.
When I ran the troubleshooter, it says my laptop has USB 3.0 and it is not compatible with old USB 2.0 cable. But why does my printer scan and copy ok, but not print?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
08-17-2013 11:05 PM
08-18-2013 08:02 AM
Thank you so much. Yes, I have two USB ports that are not in blue. I used one of them and reset my printer and remove the printer from my laptop and eventually it started printing! I really appreciate your help!!
Interesting that you are able to scan using the USB 3.0, For making copy it doesn't matter to which OS or USb port the printer is connected to as it doesn't interact with the PC while making a copy. Do you have any other USB port which is not blue in color as USB 3.0 is typically colored in blue..
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation