09-21-2011 07:08 AM
I have an Hp officejet 4500 printer and I cannot get it to install on my HP desktop equipped with windows 7. I have installed drivers and scrubbers to try to clean up my desktop but nothing works.
09-21-2011 07:20 AM
09-21-2011 08:27 AM - last edited on 06-17-2015 03:22 PM by Omar-E
Have you tried running the Print Diagnostic Utility? It could detect what's preventing you from printing and possibly fix some of those issues too. Check the link below:
09-21-2011 09:01 AM
I did try this but my computer is not even recognizing the printer. However, when i run the cd it says its installed but when i plug the cable into the printer to connect it to the computer it will not recognize the printer.
09-21-2011 09:35 AM
09-21-2011 09:43 AM
After restarting the PC, reinstall the software and plug in the USB cable when prompted and see if it goes through correctly.
09-21-2011 11:23 AM
I have tried this. It will make the printer my default printer but it will not print and says it is not connected to default printer
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation