Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently bought an HP p6755a computer with Windows 7,   64 bit on it.

Everything could be installed easily, except my HP LaserJet 1022 printer.

It is in good working condition. It works if I plug it into the old HP computer, which has Windows XP.

When it is plugged into the USB port of the new computer, it appears in the Devices and Printers box as an unspecified item.

Troubleshoot has led me to HP web site to download the driver: Ij1020-HB-pnp-win64-en. As far as I could see this has installed the driver. I assume these are the same steps as  jbuser100 has done in the post above. However in my case it made no difference. I wonder what have I done wrong.

For interest, an email to HP support was rejected as too old printer for email advice. Several telephone calls to HP support have so far got no result.

HP Recommended

SUCCESS

I have: HP 1022 printer, p6755a desktop and IE9.

Telephone advice from HP Support (on 11 October 2011) was that there is no HP 1020 series driver for Windows 7.

This contradicts previous posts here.

An other adviser on HP Support, has guided me to down load a driver which installed OK and the printer is working.

The difference from my earlier unsuccessful effort is that in:

Software and Driver downloads, "select your operating system" as: Microsoft Windows Vista (64bit) NOT Windows 7

As recommended earlier on this site.

THANK YOU MEHMOOD

HP Recommended

Hi! All,

That's great emerymikomiko

Happy to hear that your problem has been resolved.

And thank you.

Have a great a life & take care

Mehmood

HP Recommended

i can't install the driver for the HP LaserJet 1020 plus in "windows 7 32-bit"..... i want to install this driver into my PC for the future works in my office... plees help me

HP Recommended

Hey there!

You could not install the driver of laserjet 1020 for windows 7 32bit..

But you did not tell us specifically what is happening, is there any error? or , any caution? ......anything..els

HP Recommended

hello i am purchres hp 1020 printer cd is missing i have a driver place

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry i could not understand u properly..Anyhow here is the link for hp laserjet 1020 drivers page...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=439320&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us 

• 1st of all select your OS
  •  then download driver software for your product..

If you need any further assistance u can write to me again..

take care

HP Recommended

Hi ,

I am an application packaging engineer working with BAT.

We have around 500 printers HP laser jet 1020 which is mostly used by management staf personell.

I am in the process of packaging the application and get the application into Altris.

Anyone has any idea of any silent installation steps.

If that does not works out then we need to capture the application which some time might not work.

Please suggest

@Mehmood wrote:

Hi all,

I am here to share my idea to install hp laserjet 1020 on windows 7.

There no driver for windows 7 till mid November.

I have  installed device driver for laserjet 1020 on windwos 7, here is the method for installing driver in windows 7 for laserjet 1020.

1. 1st of all download laserjet 1020 basic printer driver for windows vista. you can down it from this link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-58554-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

2. after downloading driver for vista extract it even exe file with winrar and then go to device manager and then HP laserjet 1020 which is shown as unkown device and right click on it and after that update driver

3.  and after that go to folder where extarct vista driver exe and select it .

note. i did not run exe file.

Thanks for reading. hope it will work for you

4. and it will be installed without any problem like me.

take care all.

Mehmood

HP Recommended

I want to install hp leserjet1020 on my laptop

HP Recommended

I have 3 same  printers, one in Windows XP, a second in Windows Vista and third in  Win7-32bit, the problem arose suddenly a month ago to the computer with win7-32bit (while previously working), I've done many different tests but the problem remains. With the diagnostic of HP, HPPDU indicates a problem in the spooler. I am afraid that the damage was done some time with a “windows update”.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.