Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I am here to share my idea to install hp laserjet 1020 on windows 7.

There no driver for windows 7 till mid November.

I have  installed device driver for laserjet 1020 on windwos 7, here is the method for installing driver in windows 7 for laserjet 1020.

1. 1st of all download laserjet 1020 basic printer driver for windows vista. you can down it from this link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategor​y?product=439320&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

2. after downloading driver for vista extract it even exe file with winrar and then go to device manager and then HP laserjet 1020 which is shown as unkown device and right click on it and after that update driver

3.  and after that go to folder where extarct vista driver exe and select it .

note. i did not run exe file.

Thanks for reading. hope it will work for you

4. and it will be installed without any problem like me.

take care all.

Mehmood

Edit by Katie_H: Fixed Broken Link

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again & again

here i uploaded video again in HD for better view  HP Laserjet 1020 Driver installation in windows 7

If you have any question please conatact me through yhis post or reply this.

Is it helpful? please let me know

View solution in original post

101 REPLIES 101
HP Recommended
Hello I have a question I tried this and it gave me the error saying the Drivers were not there, when I in fact have them there and downloaded.
HP Recommended

BingBangBoom wrote:
Hello I have a question I tried this and it gave me the error saying the Drivers were not there, when I in fact have them there and downloaded.

hi

i think you not carefully followed the instructions, give me a day to make & upload video on youtube regarding this problem.

mehmood

HP Recommended

hello Again! BinBangBoom,

I have created a video regarding above mentioned methtod to install driver software for hp laserjet 1020 in windows 7 with vista basic driver (Compatabilty Mode) 

Note: this my 1st video and there must be some mistakes so please ignore them & see the method of installing driver.

here the link  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHCXlQ-cNF8

HP Recommended

Hello again & again

here i uploaded video again in HD for better view  HP Laserjet 1020 Driver installation in windows 7

If you have any question please conatact me through yhis post or reply this.

Is it helpful? please let me know

HP Recommended
I tried doing exactly what you did in the video, but where you get the installing driver screen I get windows telling me that it is unable to install the drivers.
HP Recommended
Figured out the problem the drivers you linked are 32 bit I have the 64 bit system.
HP Recommended

i you are using x64 windows you should download driver of laserjet 1020 for vista 64bit.

i hope your problem will be solved

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I have the latest driver (released 11/5/09), x64 bit windows 7, 6 gig ram, an HP pavillion desktop.

The driver is buggy as it crashes my print spooler whenever I print anything over a few paragraphs (in notepad).

Vista drivers (x64) and similar suggestions do NOT solve this  problem. Once again, I can see the printer + can kick off jobs yet large jobs just crash the print spooler.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.