10-25-2009 10:52 PM - last edited on 06-21-2012 03:53 PM by Katie_H
I am here to share my idea to install hp laserjet 1020 on windows 7.
There no driver for windows 7 till mid November.
I have installed device driver for laserjet 1020 on windwos 7, here is the method for installing driver in windows 7 for laserjet 1020.
1. 1st of all download laserjet 1020 basic printer driver for windows vista. you can down it from this link
2. after downloading driver for vista extract it even exe file with winrar and then go to device manager and then HP laserjet 1020 which is shown as unkown device and right click on it and after that update driver
3. and after that go to folder where extarct vista driver exe and select it .
note. i did not run exe file.
Thanks for reading. hope it will work for you
4. and it will be installed without any problem like me.
take care all.
Edit by Katie_H: Fixed Broken Link
Solved! View Solution.
Re: install HP Laserjet 1020 printer Driver windows 7
10-31-2009 02:12 PM
10-30-2009 03:29 PM
Hello I have a question I tried this and it gave me the error saying the Drivers were not there, when I in fact have them there and downloaded.
i think you not carefully followed the instructions, give me a day to make & upload video on youtube regarding this problem.
10-31-2009 12:50 PM
hello Again! BinBangBoom,
I have created a video regarding above mentioned methtod to install driver software for hp laserjet 1020 in windows 7 with vista basic driver (Compatabilty Mode)
Note: this my 1st video and there must be some mistakes so please ignore them & see the method of installing driver.
here the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHCXlQ-cNF8
10-31-2009 02:12 PM
Hello again & again
here i uploaded video again in HD for better view HP Laserjet 1020 Driver installation in windows 7
If you have any question please conatact me through yhis post or reply this.
Is it helpful? please let me know
11-01-2009 09:22 AM
11-22-2009 09:49 PM
I have the latest driver (released 11/5/09), x64 bit windows 7, 6 gig ram, an HP pavillion desktop.
The driver is buggy as it crashes my print spooler whenever I print anything over a few paragraphs (in notepad).
Vista drivers (x64) and similar suggestions do NOT solve this problem. Once again, I can see the printer + can kick off jobs yet large jobs just crash the print spooler.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation