02-24-2010 05:48 AM
Do you see the link at the top of this page which says 'Support & Drivers'? Just click on it to search and download the software for your printer.
11-16-2010 03:26 PM
I disagree with this solution.
In my machine which is XP Home 32bit, the result is a boot time request to re-install some HP software with a need to provide the original CD which contains STATUS.MSI. This installation will not stop by cancelling or pressing the X button. Only by going into Task Manager can it be killed but re-occurs each boot.
HP MUST provide this file online. It is not like I'm pirating their printer here.
11-17-2010 06:07 AM
The Status.msi file is included in installation CD that came with your printer. Browse through the contents of the CD and go to the path X:\setup\status, and the status.msi file will be located there. The next time you see the message asking you for the file, click on the Browse button and point it to the file in this path.
11-19-2010 04:55 AM
Yes it is a bit tough expecting him to read it off the CD when the CD doesnot work
My last post was for ajm53188, not for the original poster!
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation