Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
laser jet pro mfp m277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought a new hp laser jet pro mfp m277dw. I cant install. Display says "Ready 2 download needs boid rfu 60"

The printer dont show up so I cant install it. When I touch the display nothing happens. I use a usb to connect but the computer dont find it. I have try with both windows and mac os. Is the new printer broken ?

Br Stefan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @rovholet, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have issues installing your printer you are getting error Ready 2 download needs boid rfu 60 on your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Do you see any blinking light on the printer?

Try performing a hard reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Restoring the factory-set defaults returns most of the settings to the factory defaults. It will not reset the page count, tray size, or language. To restore the product to the factory-default settings, follow these steps.
Turn the product off. Disconnect the power cable from the product for 30 seconds and then reconnect.
Turn the product on while you press and hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds. The Attention light turns on.
Release the Resume button. The Attention and Ready lights cycle while the product restores factory defaults.

If the issue still persists try performing a super NVRAM reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform NVRAM reset is confidential I will send you the steps in a private message. Please watch your inbox.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr Robot.

Thanx for help but it doesent work. I tryed the SUPER NVRAM Reset but nothing happend 😞

Still have "Ready 2 download needs boid rfu 60" in display on the printer.

Do you think its broken ?

Br

Stefan

HP Recommended

@rovholet, Thanks for your generous response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned even after performing NVRAM reset the issue still persists.

I'm afraid it looks to be a hardware issue with the printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.