Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a laserjet 4700dn that is jamming in the duplex paper path. Error code 13.12.00. It will print on one side but when the paper gets pulled back to print on the other side, the paper goes over the fuser and stops at the back of the transfer unit just inside of the front cover. The fuser has already been relaced. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Most times it is a defective duplex unit. Only other item would be the transfer belt itself.
HP Recommended

I agree with the Previous Post as the Jam media you are collecting is from Transfer Belt area when you open the Front door. There are rollers attached at the bottom of the Transfer belt (ETB) .These rollers are responsible for feeding Paper during duplex printing . (Rollers are visible when you open the front door ) Try cleaning those rollers and check if it works for you and if the rollers are worn out may be you need to replace the Transfer belt by consulting Hp technical support .

I work for Hp
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful.

HP Recommended

Hello,

The previous posts are great suggestions.

Did you replace your Transfer Kit (ETB) just prior to getting the duplex jams?  The backside ETB feed roller assy (assy with 2-screws holding the little white rollers) may not be seated correctly.  You can remove the 2-screws and reseat the assy making sure the rollers are in contact with the black feed rollers on the back of the ETB.

Was there something else that was done to the printer just prior to the duplex jams occurring maybe inducing the issue? 

Here are some other posts that describe some common paper jam causes for the CLJ4700, CM4730 that you could review for knowledge:

/t5/Printers-LaserJet-Experts-Online/Laserjet-4700-Paper-Jam-in-top-cover-area/m-p/5994383#M209639

/t5/Printers-LaserJet-Experts-Online/HP-CLJ4700-13-10-Duplex-Jams/m-p/5934169

I hope this helps,

Regards,

DaveK.

I work for HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.