Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
laserjet pro mfp m125a
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hi... i'am shring printer via network ... when i try to print any page from any device using network no orders reach the printer ..... i must  print any page from the host pc first then the other devices can print via network ...... i do this after every host restart.... thank u.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

It sounds to me that your using your printer with the sharing option, meaning that you a have a main computer conneced to your printer with a USB cable, and from there you share the printer with the rest of your computers, is that right?

The Sharing option its a feature of the operating system, it has nothing to do with the printer driver, or software.

Its a windows feature, to share the printer. You can try to remove the sharing from the printer, create a new name to share the printer, and try again.

Remeber if you sharing the printer with all your computers, you have to be sure they are all using the same 64 or 32 bit system, otherwise this might cause a conflict, and you will have to download both drivers in the server computer to share properly your printer.

Regards

I'm an HP employee.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP.Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
HP Recommended

I have M125a, and I install it in a PC (Win7-32bit) via USB. I share IT with an another PC (Win7-64bit), the test page printing correctly. When shut down the computers, and restart is, the client PC isn't printing, while I not printing is "server" PC. After it works.

When I plug it with PC with Win7-64 it works as well.

I tried install the another version on win7 driver (32 and 64 bit) in the share tab (unzip the exe files, and select the another os version) it not contain the whole driver (win7 says file is missing).

HP Recommended
@lorna
yes that's right i use the sharing option.
i tried to remove and install the driver again and re installed the windows but nothing happened
also i connected the printer to another pc using the usb cable and shared it but still not printing through the network until i print a paper first using the main pc
about the 32 bit and 64 bit i have 3 pcs 2 are working 32bit and 1 is 64 and all of them doing the same issue.
thanks for your reply.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.