Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I know this is a well discussed issue but I too am having problems.

My HP 4050 has been working wonderfully. It is linked to our router so we can use it wirelessly.

Everytime you try to print it say that the printer is in an 'Error State.'

I have uninstalled to printer and reinstalled it. Updated the drivers on all the laptops. Still not working.

I can print a configuration page and a Menu map so I think its not a hardware issues.

I tried to follow these instructions:

Follow these steps:

1. Click Start and type %temp% in the run field and click OK.
2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356) (if there is more than one 7z folder, try the most recent one)
3. Open folder Util
4. Open folder CCC
5. Run the uninstall_ L4.bat for a non-HP PC or run the Uninstall_L3.bat for a HP PC
6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

But when I open the 7z --- folder it has nothing labelled Util or CCC.

Help! I have a basic knowledge and ability to solve issues but nothing complicated.

Hoping someone can advise.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Do you have more than 1 7z folder. On my computer I had to go to the 4th one before I had util folder and then CCC folder

HP Recommended

So after much exploring and a helpful friend, worked out that the printer is not picking up the Network Card. Now I don't know which one to get or where. The one in the printer is a JetDirect 610. J4169A.

HP Recommended

You can get a replacement on ebay, however, most times you can repair the card yourself. You need to bake the card using the following instructions.  With the power off remove the card from the printer by loosening the two thumb screws and pulling out. Now use a torx 10 bit and remove the white/beige plastic piece from the card. Now place the card in a baking pan with the chips facing up and the card propped up so it does not touch the bottom of the pan (foil balls work good). Now preheat a "GOOD" oven to 350F (177C) and when the oven is ready, place the pan with the card in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Put the plastic piece back on the card and insert in the printer and turn the printer on and odds are the card will now work just fine. This issue is common on this card and the 615N which develops colder soldr joints over the years. Baking reflows the solder and most times solves the issue.

HP Recommended

Mad though it sounds, I tried this solution. And guess what? I have a working printer!

How many times do you think this fix could work before the Network card is completely baked out?

HP Recommended

Most times it lasts for quite a while since the reflowing of the solder tends to fix the cold solder joint and helps any joints starting to develop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.