Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet 402dw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Our office recently began using stamps.com to produce shipping labels. We had planned to use our laser jet 402dw printer for that purpose. But continually have print failures due to "low memory".

Is it possible to grow the memory on this printer? (Appears to be maxed at 128M)

The configuration report indicates:

Total Memory: 128 MBytes

Available Memory: 65.17 MBytes

Is it possible to clear memory to free up the remaining MB?

Any other workarounds for this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Memory is not upgradeable. That memory count you are seeing is correct, the printer is reserving some for other functions. There is a known issue with PDF files converting fonts to vector art, which can cause them to grow exponetially in the print que. You may need to save the labels locally rather than trying to print directly from your web browser.

You might try another web browser to print from as well.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Memory is not upgradeable. That memory count you are seeing is correct, the printer is reserving some for other functions. There is a known issue with PDF files converting fonts to vector art, which can cause them to grow exponetially in the print que. You may need to save the labels locally rather than trying to print directly from your web browser.

You might try another web browser to print from as well.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.