Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP M1536 dnf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Windows10 desktop PC. I connected a m1536 printer. I am sharing the printer to other computers on my home network. I have been getting update notifications for the printer. Even though I install the updates, I keep getting notifications that an update is needed. I must have tried installing the update several times but I still keep getting the notice. How do I clear this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello, @WolfStone - Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

Going through your post, I see that you are getting the printer updates for your LaserJet printer on your PC. Do not worry, I found a forum thread discussing the same issue and seems to have solved the issue.

Please go to http://hp.care/2mXAuPe and follow the steps mentioned to try and fix the issue.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.I followed the instructions in the link you provided. I did not find any unknown printers or devices listed in device manager in any of the sections. What is the next step?

HP Recommended

Hello, @WolfStone

Appreciate your efforts 🙂

You are getting this pop-up message on your PC. Is that correct? It could be possible that the issue could be with the printer software installed on your PC. I would recommend a complete reinstall to try and fix this issue. Here are the steps:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL34693/Im-86005-5/hp_M1530_MFP_full_Solution_15188.exe to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Restart the PC once done and check.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have followed your instructions and reinstalled the software. I will wait to see if the I am still prompted to install updates.

HP Recommended

Hello, @WolfStone

Thanks for your update 🙂

I will watch for your reply.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers! Good Luck!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I got an update notice yesterday. I installed the update. Today I am still getting the update notices. see attachedupdate.png

HP Recommended

Hello, @WolfStone

Thanks for the update!

I am not very sure about this update since we have already installed the latest driver update for your printer. But, I would suggest using the Windows tool to hide this update. Follow the steps below:

1) Click on http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab to install the Microsoft tool.

2) Once you have downloaded the standalone package from Microsoft, run it.

3) Click on Next to proceed.

4) The Show or Hide Updates tool will scan your system for updates.

5) Once the scan is completed, you will see the following screen. Select Hide updates.

6) You will next see the following screen where you can choose the updates you don’t want to install.

7) Select the HP driver and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have used the tool you recommended today. I will let you know if the problem is resolved.

HP Recommended

@WolfStone

Sure. Keep us posted. Cheers! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.