Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
M750 color laserjet
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My M750 color laserjet is printing horizontal lines in color & B&W. I have printed ~ 10,000 heavy (60 - 80 # paper) since 7/2014.  Cartridges are new with only ~1000 pages.  Could it be the fuser?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Most likely it is going to be the fuser or image transfer belt. Either the fuser has worn out due to printing a heavier paper, or the cleaning blade on the image transfer belt has fouled, preventing the removal of waste toner.

Waste toner from a fouled cleaning blade is usually a brownish color and will look more like a smear down the paper. A bad fuser, bad cartridge, or problem with the transfer roller will usually be a much better defined line. Attaching a photo may help troubleshooting. Also, a bad cartridge can cause a repeating image defect.

The old school way is to just run a few internal test reports and  open the right door causing the printer to jam. You can then see if the line is present before it enters the fuser.

I believe this printer has a print stop test which can be accessed via the troublshooting or diagnostics menu in the administration section. There you can enter a time and the printer will begin feeding paper and stop at the predetermined time, usually just a trial and error in miliseconds to get it past the tranfer area so you can see if its occuring there, or at the fuser.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Admin/Troubleshooting/Diagnostic Tests

Print/stop test

Use this diagnostic test to isolate the cause of problems such as image-formation defects and jams within

the engine. During this test you can stop the paper anywhere along the product paper path. The test can be

programmed to stop printing internal pages or an external print job when the paper reaches a certain

position. The test can also be programmed to stop from 0 to 60,000 ms. If the timer is set to a value that is

greater than the job-print time, you can recover the product in one of two ways.

After the print job is completed press the Stop button to return to the Diagnostic Tests menu before

the timer times out.

After the timer times out, press the Stop button . Activate the door switch to restart the engine and

return it to a normal state.

When the timer trips, the control panel display shows the message Printing stopped To continue, touch

“OK”. Pressing the Home button will print the previously selected job. If you do not want the previous job

to print, press the Stop button first, and then press the Home button .

NOTE: Do not try to perform a print/stop test while the product is calibrating, because you will be required

to power-

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.